Personal mastery is a matter of slowly adding pieces to the puzzle. There will always be questions, but if you adhere to the pillars of conscious communication, your answers will become better and more healthy. For example, consider the following:
- How empathic should we be in the midst of a disagreement?
- What is the caring thing to say when a tense subject is raised in difficult circumstances?
- How can we respond empathically when someone angrily attacks us?
- And if we want our children to refrain from violence and confrontation, how specifically should we guide them to respond when they find themselves faced with the same?
- Furthermore, and just as importantly, how can we share our joys and hopes in ways that foster compassion?
- And lastly, if you think that care and compassion has no place in the workplace, please ask yourself what you are afraid of.