During holiday season, when I’m on holiday, seeing others on holiday, meeting with people whose people are on holiday, I notice more, and I notice things differently.
- I notice the mind slows down and can be present, more easily.
- That if I pause and breathe, and choose to take in all that’s around me, the breeze, the gentle waves, the birds and crickets, the rustling leaves… that I feel really good, deep down in my soul.
- I notice people smile more on holidays.
- I notice we say hello more; that you have your head up more and are your devices less.
- I notice more cloud formations and how they move.
- I notice more children and more pets. I notice their happiness and their playfulness.
- I play more. And stress less.
- I notice people hold more perspective on what feels right and is working than what’s wrong and broken.
- I notice everyone being outside more. I notice concentrated periods of work, with intentional end times. I notice different traffic patterns; the distinct shift from M-F to F-S.
- I notice more gatherings — on the deck, the street, the main floor and the lunch room.
- I notice more people talk and more people smile.
- I notice the erratic, playful, freeing flight of butterflies.
- I notice more openness to ideas and less “this is the way it’s always been”.
This is my holiday notice.
What did you see?
Wishing you and your team a great Fall season.
Trevor and Dale.